Chemonics International seeks a Reform Specialist for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Kosovo e-Governance Activity. The purpose of this Activity is to address long-standing challenges related to poor digital service delivery and ineffective management of digital government systems by the Government of Kosovo (GoK), by clarifying institutional roles and processes, strengthening institutional capacity to deliver services, and engaging civil society and the private sector. The activity will set a direction that will accelerate the transformation into an agile digital government, which ensures that Kosovans receive high-quality, efficient, and accessible government services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We are seeking candidates for the following long-term position:
Reform Specialist under Objective 1: “Institutional roles and governance processes are clear, actionable, and implemented.”
The Reform Specialist will work as part of the Objective 1 team to develop and implement an overarching e-Government strategy for the national digital government ecosystem, develop coordination mechanisms for ministries and agencies responsible for implementing digital government initiatives, and adopt processes, standards, and governance for AIS’s (Agency for Information Society) core IT systems.
- The Reform Specialist implements Objective 1 activities under the supervision of the Objective 1 Lead.
- Provide technical expertise to the GoK in developing clear governance structures and procedures to support implementation of the e-Government strategy
- Support and advise GoK in developing policies on data management and necessary mechanisms to implement them
- Identify issues hampering coordination among institution responsible for digital government services
- Liaise with the experts from E-Governance Academy on best global practices in digital governance and interoperability
- Adhere to adaptive management best practices
- Responsible for contributing to work planning and periodic reports and deliverables such as weekly, monthly newsletter, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in law, economics, political science or related fields.
- Five years of relevant professional and progressively responsible experience in the field of digital governance. Experience working on programs funded by international donors preferred.
- Understanding of current laws, regulations, and sub-legal acts governing the e-Governance sector.
- Familiarity with the work and mandates of the Agency for Information Society (AIS), the Digital Transformation Unit (DTU), and the Commission for Digital Transformation and the current state of digital transformation in Kosovo.
- Working knowledge of current GoK digital service efforts and agenda to advance digitalization.
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior government personnel and executive bodies, U.S. and foreign government organizations, and collaborating partners.
- Ability to effectively manage aspects of project implementation with strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficient written and oral English required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with the position title in the subject line to KosovoEGovRecruit@chemonics.com no later than October 15th, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.